In memory of our past President, Corrado Falcitelli, the Falcitelli Family and the Thalassemia Foundation of Canada have created a scholarship award. This scholarship will be awarded to a Canadian citizen with Thalassemia Major or Intermedia who is registered in a full-time post-secondary education program. The purpose of this award is to provide an incentive to patients who are continuing their education. We hope this scholarship will inspire and motivate patients to reach their education and career goals.
Two (2) scholarship awards available (valued at $1,500 each) – payable towards tuition for full-time studies in a university or college program.
Submission Deadline: February 15, 2021. Submit Parts 1 – 3 (see below).
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org 
Questions: (416) 242-THAL (8425) or e-mail: email@example.com 
- Must be a person with Thalassemia Major or Intermedia.
- Must be a Canadian resident attending an accredited Canadian university or college.
- With permission, recipient’s name and photo may be posted on the Thalassemia website and published in the Thalassemia newsletter.
- Part 1: Proof of payment/registration: Copy of the invoice indicating fees payment and showing program name and list of courses.
- Part 2: Submit a 1 page essay, including:
- Brief description of the applicant (e.g. family, activities, hobbies).
- Future education/career goals.
- Volunteer work, if applicable.
- Impact of Thalassemia on your life and how you have managed these issues as well as creating opportunities for yourself.
- Part 3: Corrado Falcitelli Memorial Scholarship Award Application 
Previous Scholarship Recipients:
Khadija Fazal – Sociology and Women Studies, University of Toronto
Keroles Riad, Ph.D. – Individualized Program (Engineering), Concordia University
Zeinab Borji – Culinary Management, Algonquin College
Veeresh Pavate, Ph.D. – Dentistry, McGill University
Arezoo Sheykhhasani – Biotechnology, Centennial College
Arman Dhillon – Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering, Queen’s University
Pedro Oliveira – Bachelor of Engineering, McMaster University
Reza Morandi Ghobadloo – Pharmacy Technician Program, Centennial College
Cody Chau – Commerce-Business, Langara College
Saba Azooz – Hon. Bachelor of Science, Biology/Psychology, University of Toronto
Amena Begum – Bachelor of Science-Nursing, Seneca College/York University
Daniel Maiorano – Applied Technology, George Brown College
Kurtis Chow – Communications, Simon Fraser University
Saman Raufi – Kinesiology and Health Science, York University
Charu Bhaneja – Political Science & Women’s Studies (joint PhD program), University of Toronto
Joanna Choi – Bachelor of Science, University of Toronto