Thalassemia Secondary Student Excellence Award
The Thalassemia Foundation is proud to announce the “Thalassemia Secondary Student Excellence Award”. The award shall be given to a Canadian secondary school student with Thalassemia Major. The purpose of this award is to recognize Thalassemia patients who demonstrate determination, commitment, and enthusiasm. These qualities can be revealed through the candidates’ academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and volunteer work. The Thalassemia Secondary Student Excellence Award is intended to motivate and encourage Thalassemia patients to continue to work through life’s challenges, contribute to their community, and share their talents/gifts with others.
Award Content: Two (2) awards available, valued at $500 each payable to the winner
Submission Deadline: January 31, 2017 Submit Parts 1 & 2 (see below).
- 340 Falstaff Avenue, Suite # 204; North York, Ontario; M6L 3E8; or,
- Must be a person with Thalassemia Major or Intermedia.
- Must be a Canadian resident attending a Canadian secondary school (Grades 9 – 12).
- With permission, recipient’s name and photo may be posted on the Thalassemia website and published in the Thalassemia newsletter.
- Part 2: Submit a 1 page essay, including:
- Brief description of the applicant (e.g. family, activities, hobbies).
- Future education/career goals.
- Volunteer work, if applicable.
- Impact of Thalassemia on your life and how you have managed these issues as well as creating opportunities for yourself.
Previous Scholarship Recipients: